1. Always Check The Size Of The Air Conditioner
The first and most important tip for buying the best air conditioning unit is to always check its size. It must be according to the size of the room in which it is to be installed. There are different capacities of air conditioners such as 1, 1.5, and 2 ton. Installing a 1 ton air conditioner for a large room or buying a 2 ton air conditioner for a small room is not a wise decision.
2. Energy Efficiency
The best air conditioner for any purpose is one which is most energy efficient. The electricity cost is mounting with every passing day and with such conditions, it is impossible to afford any kind of energy wastage.
3. Seer Rating
In order to aid the public and curtailing the wastage of energy, the energy department of the US has established standard unit for the minimum efficiency of the energy usage. It is a rating system called seasonal energy efficiency rating or SEER. The higher an air conditioning unit is rated according to SEER, the more energy efficient it is. Therefore, make sure to check the SEER before buying an air conditioner.
4. Energy-Saving Factors
The following features make any air conditioner more energy efficient. The ideal air conditioning unit must possess these characteristics:
- Coils must be large- Larger coils ensure higher efficiency for heat transfer.
- A High EER- This is the temperature rating. The air conditioning units with high EER work most efficiently even in the hottest of the weathers.
- A variable-speed blower- When the speed of the blower is adjustable, it can help in reducing the consumption of electricity as the usage is restricted to the need.
- A fan option- Another feature that can help save energy for your air conditioning unit is a fan-only switch. What it does is that it allows you to switch off the cooling while the more natural and comfortable air is circulated through the fan of the air conditioner. It not only saves up energy but it also increases comfort by regulating the temperature.
- Filter Indicator- Many air conditioners have a filter indicating light. It tells you when the filter needs changing and helps in proper maintenance of the air conditioning unit and in turn increasing its life span.
It is best to buy an air conditioner that is easier to install. However, it depends on the type of air conditioner as well. Moreover, make sure that experienced personnel install the air conditioner as this will prolong the life of the machine and improve its performance.
Air conditioning units require regular servicing in order to maintain their performance. Buying the best available air conditioner in the market is not enough; you must also take care of it through regular servicing.
Use the above tips on how to buy the best air air conditioning units for a happy and relaxed summer. Making an excellent deal will surely bring a smile on your face every time the cool air from the air condition will touch your face.